
We had our last ultrasound this morning. We are technically at 34 weeks and 2 days, but as is turning out to be custom at our house Emma's head is in the 90th percentile and her abdomen measured off the charts. Dr. Young says that right now she is about 6lbs 6oz and will be about 9lbs 6oz when we have the c-section a week early on the 21st of July. My stomach is measuring small for her size, but my doctor says that's why they do ultrasounds. Yay for c-sections! If we waited until full term she would almost be 11 lbs...that's a big girl. But, since she is good sized, if I go into labor anytime between now and the 21st we will just have her then, but I am hoping to make it to at least the 16th. If we do have her early (like the next week or so) I'll try a V-bac, but after that, NO WAY! Thanks to the Schonlau (Robs maternal side of the fam) sized heads that run in the family I will stick to the c-section. Yay for modern technology that makes my babies possible to deliver. What a blessing babies are!
The Eye of the Beholder...
12 years ago



5 comments:
I'm glad you've got great doctors to keep you and the baby healthy! I hope your last few weeks of pregnancy go smoothly. I love the name Emma Grace, very sweet!
You go girl! I hear ya about the head size! My girls were teeny tiny...but Im sure if I would have gone full term and if they had the "Combs" head...lets just say that I sing praises to the brilliant man or woman who came up with the c-section! Sheer and utter genius! But its not like its a picnic...the recovery is hard. But some heads are just meant to NOT be pushed out! And I must give a shout out to the good ol' epidural! Oh where would we be without it!
We are excited to meet Emma. I must admit that I laughed a little when I read this post. You have amazing pregnancies, two little people produce such strong big babies. Amazing. We love you guys.
Way to go on being positive about everything--keep us posted!!
Oh, I'm so glad that thing are going okay for you and the baby! I was thinking about you today and was so happy to find an update about you on your blog. PLEASE have Rob take his laptop to the hospital and post as soon as your beautiful little girl is born! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Post a Comment