We have reached the 5 week mark with our little girl. And in truth it has been the longest 5 weeks of my life. I have just have a couple words to sum up the past month or so.
1) CRYING
2) Mastitis (worst pain of my life)
3) CRYING
4) No Sleep (b/c of the crying)
5) 3am drives in the car with a screaming baby
Yup, I have a colicky baby. She is precious during the day, but come night our sweet angel turns into a screaming machine. We have been using gripe water, kiddie call, and warm baths, plus swaddling and a white noise thing. We also switched to formula to see if that would help. It has been a little better. So, instead of 8 hours of screaming we have 2 or 3 of serious fussing/crying.She is also a baby that absolutely does not want to be put down...EVER.But sometimes it has to be done. So, I figure we have about 8 or 9 more weeks of this and then she should be growing out of it...right? Any suggestions from you moms out there? We will try just about anything.
On the up side Little Dude has been AMAZING!!! HE takes everything in stride. He sleeps through all the crying and has found a new love for the movie CARS. We watch it at least 2 times a day...no kidding. I can now recite the movie with no problems.
On another note...my sweet husband went to a SL BEE'S baseball game Saturday night and ate an extreme amount of peanuts. He came home covered in hives....so we spent Sunday pumping him full of Benadryl and letting him sleep it off. He is still covered today..so I am searching for a good allergist in the area...wish us luck!
Love to everyone!
The Eye of the Beholder...
12 years ago



5 comments:
Oh Julie! What a trooper you (and your family) are! Gosh, I have no advice and am sure you're doing just perfectly. I hope that the colic doesn't last too long and that your "little dude" continues to be easygoing and understanding. Glad the peanuts experience wasn't worse than it was...
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby girl having colic. I'm sure it will get better soon. My love to your family.
Julie, that's grim. Hang in there girl. You'll get through this. My only advice (and you're going to think I'm horrible) is earplugs. If you've done everything you can for her at night: well fed, burped, swaddled, clean, comfortable, comforted, that's all you can do. Close your door for two hours and sleep. Get up, comfort, feed, put back to bed, and apply earplugs for another two hours. If that won't work for you, just find something to get you through. Maybe Robbie can take the 12am - 4am shift and you can take the 4am- 8am shift. Don't worry about creating bad habits, deal with one problem at a time. Sleep first. Good luck! Functioning on no sleep and frayed by a sweet crying baby can make a person feel crazy. I feel your pain! It will get better.
Of course he got hives....it just makes the story all the better. And what is with you two and hives, anyway? You just have to have someone with them? So so sad. But won't this be great for a laugh someday.....some distant distant day?
You're supposed to tell me life with two is cake!!!! hehe. We love you! You're awesome! Wish we were closer so we could help each other out!!!!
Post a Comment