Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Go Family

ok, so i was getting online to check my email and MSN is our homepage( don't know why, but it is) anyways... there was this article,http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/bigger-picture/articlewow.aspx?cp-documentid=9299812&GT1=32001..and it is entitled, "When is a family too Big?" Well, I was impressed with the comments made by Whoopi Goldberg, but the other women made me mad. EspeciallyMary Wells who says, "We could start with smaller families needing less of the earth's resources. There are so many references to God's displeasure with selfishness in the Bible – whatever God turns out to be – we should all be able to show a list of our unselfish choices that saved humans, animals and life of all kinds – and in this world at this time large families are selfish choices that are everybody's business and everybody's problem."
How can a family be selfish? A true family is the antithesis of selfish. In the case of the family in the article I have seen them on t.v. and they are an amazing family... THis family loves one another and are happy to have all the siblings that they have. I know God is not displeased with large families. As long as the children are loved and cared for then what is the big deal...I believe Heavenly Father will always provide a way for those that are willing to bring those sweet little spirits into their homes to love and care for them. Far better they go to the Duggar home than to some drug addict or dead beat.
I am thankful for the gospel and the perspective that it gives. I know that families please the Lord. Yay for children, and yay for the Duggar family!

No comments: