Tuesday, August 26, 2008

UPDATES ALL AROUND & SOME GRATITUDE

Some updates(pictures will follow)

Life: We are still in Provo! We are loving where we are at and will probably be here until next April. (That is when Rob's bishopric calling is up) and then we plan on moving to Pennsylvania so that Robs can go to the UofP and get his masters at Wharton (the UofP's finance masters program). But, as with all of our planning, we recognize that we are not in control and are totally open to the Lord's will, but for now that feels right. Rob is continuing to worl full time in American Fork and is is being paid well. His job has been/and is a huge blessing for us. We are also grateful for that.

Baby Robbie: He is walking...he taught himself, basically. So he can now follow me around faster and gets onto more stuff than I can keep up with...He has learned hello and goodbye. He puts his hand up to his ear when we ask him to say hello...(too much cell phone usage is my guess) and waves his hand for "bye-bye". He is still sleeping 12 hours a night with a sweet 2 to 3 hour nap during the daytime. I am so grateful for that. He is happy and smilwy and his new sound for the past week or so is, "OH, OH" it is pretty funny when he says OH with his differnet inflections. WE get a lot of laughs out of him. He is 10 months old now....CRAZY...and is getting older all the time...sniff sniff...

Me: I have almost survived the summer!!! The hot weather is almost gone and fall is on its way. YAY! I have spent many hours in our front yard with the baby and the other moms from our complex with their kiddies. All the kids play together and the moms chat and help one another out. Seriously, the other girls have been life savers this summer as we have all been somewhat "single moms" since the hubbies were so busy with school,work,callings etc... I am now on my 4th month of still having hives...yes that is 16 weeks of steroids, allegra, zyrtac,zyntac, and some insomnia medication, called doxepin, that is suppose to control hives(it just makes me insanely tired...I take it at night, but if I happened to have insomnia, i would be cured, but I don't, but I probably will after this ordeal is over...vicious cycle) I am on my third doctor/specialist. So, as long as my palms dont itch I am fine...the rest of me can be broken out and hideous, but that I can handle.... life is good. Hives and all...atleast all I have is hives...it could be worse!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Julie--have your doctors tested you for Celiac Disease? If not, have it done. It is an allergy to gluten (wheat oat rye and barley). I have it, and my mom does. when her symptoms started she had 'hives' for almost 6 months before a doctor diagnosed. It is becoming very common, 1 in 131 people have it. And allergy treatments, steroids can't take care of it, so if you're aren't seeing relief from that, seriously get tested. It's just a blood test and takes a few weeks to get the results. I can't emphasize how much I recommend you get the test. If it's not, then you have one less possibility and hopefully closer to an answer. If you have any questions, totally email me!
katiejohale@gmail.com
take care!!

Savannah said...

Sounds like you guys have had a good summer! I'm glad you will be around at least until April. What am I going to do when you move to PA? We've always lived close (or at least within driving distance) since we were 12!

So sorry about the hives. Sounds like it's miserable. I'll be praying for you and for the doctors to find the cure.

Love you!

elise and jeff said...

Jules I'm glad you are going to be here for a while, YAY! Your little man is so cute and I'm glad to here that he is walking!!
We totally need to get together again...I'm up for babysitting any time and tonight is a cooking club at my house at 7:00pm..please come!

Jessica M said...

Hey Julie! So glad you found me!! I loved reading what y'all were up to these days. Your little man is soooo....cute. And walking? And saying a few words? And he's only 10 months old??? You know that's not normal, right? What a cutie! I hope we get to meet him some time soon.

Glad y'all are doing well! Hope your hives get better! What a pain.

Looking forward to keeping up with you better! Miss you!