Sunday, September 28, 2008

Georgia on our minds....

We are definately having fun here in Georgia, but we are missing Daddy tons!! Just a little shout out to Robs...we love you!!! We'll be home Tuesday night!
Mom and I took little dude and went to the Fall Festival in downtown Duluth yesterday. It was so fun. The weather was overcast and breezy(perfect) and it (the festival)reminded me, in part, of how much I love the South! Of course there were boiled peanuts being sold! YUMMY!
Getting to the festival!



I think this was the kettle corn station...it smelled heavenly...

we thought this sign was pretty funny. Mom tried some...but I don't think she thought it was "Smack your Mama" good...hmmm
Ahh, Georgia...If this wasn't so heavy I would have lugged it home on the plane and put it in my house somewhere!
The Foster's came with us of course...It is pretty much a tradition. If they go to a festival, we go and vice versa. Austin asked if next week we were going to the dirt festival or the grass festival...jokes, of course. But it does seem like the fall is filled with all sorts of festivals! The men are so good to tag along after us women as we shop at the little booths. I think the food is what saves them. This is Bailey and Austin. It was so good to see you Bailey! See came home for the weekend to babysit little Robbie while Mom and I went to womens conference. Thanks Aunt B!
Robbie with his free sunglasses

This was a trip to briscoe park. We went to feed the ducks and do some swinging. This park had a lot of childhood memories for me. But I do not remember the ducks being so aggressive. They are like attack ducks...the geese were especially bad...

We did have fun, and even saw a couple of turtles! Yay for baby swings!

3 comments:

Savannah said...

Oh, man, those pictures made me so homesick! I hope you enjoy the humidity, trees, and your wonderful family! Please give your sweet parents a hug for me, and tell them I miss them. I probably won't be in Georgia for a long, long time . . .

Savannah said...

Hey, I think it was at Briscoe park that we had our duck named Sugar--that we fed sugar wafers to and it got frosting all over its beak? :)Remember? With Kristin?

elise and jeff said...

I'm still very jealous, its true! My mom said she saw you on Sunday:) Can't wait for this Thursday to see little dude!