Monday, June 16, 2008

Box Fan Dies at Age of 3


In loving memory of our box fan. He was with us for 3 short years. Purchased at Wal-Mart for around $13.00. He provided the background noise to which we fell asleep to at night, as well as a much needed breeze in the warmer months. We will miss you, our beloved friend. He pretty much was on day and night for 3 years! Now, that is what we call quality. It will be hard to replace you, but we have to do it soon because it is so hot now.





I turned him off Sunday morning because Baby Robbie was sitting in front of him and when I tried to turn him back on he had given up the ghost. (Sniff, Sniff). I tried unplugging him and replugging him back in, but with no luck. Rob even tried reviving him, but all we got was the straining sound of the motor as he tried to turn his blades. May you rest in peace our beloved box fan....


Beloved Fan, Noise Maker, and Dust Collector
August 2005-June 2008

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh no!! I loved that box fan as if it were my own! Sleeping over at your guys apartment will never be the same! Never! I shall turn off all the fans in my house for a moment of silence now.

Savannah said...

You always have had a strange sentimental attachment to fans . . . I have no idea why . . . but, it's one of the things I love about you!