Well, life here is pretty interesting. They say that things break in 3's. Whoever, "They" is, is WRONG!!! Apparently, there is no magic number to things that break. Here is a list of things that have broken around our place in the last week or so.
1) Beloved Box Fan
2) Our DVD player
3) Our stand alone mirror
4)My body....I can't even blog about it, its too painful....let's just say chronic hives led to a month on steroids and now I look like the woman on Harry Potter that blew up like a balloon, but only in my face....two words: water weight. One word: GROSS! Not even pregnant did I look this bad...and besides I was pregnant...I had a baby....
5) Our Washing Machine....(and yes it flooded our kitchen majorly, and yes Rob was not home when it happened... nor was he reachable because he was tubing the Provo River, and yes I was washing ALL of our towels at the time of the breakage. All I can say is thank heavens for our amazing neighbors who saved the day.)
6) I'll leave this blank for the next thing that goes....
So, needless to say we are doing and will do our part to stimulate the economy in our neck of the woods as we replace these broken items. On the bright side, we get a new washing machine and dryer. The ones we had were purchased for $100.00 total and were 15 years old when we got them. They lasted 3 years and have totally paid for themselves. Plus, we discovered that the bottom of the washer was home to like a bazillion spiders and their babies....so I say good bye to the old washer and an enthusiastic, "HELLO!" to our new additions to the family! We will post pictures of them when they come.
But, I am not all miffed about the recent breaks...we have had some major blessings through out it all.
1) We got a new box fan whom we love.
2)We didnt really watch a whole lot of t.v. or dvd's before, but now we have filled our time with far greater things than watching a movie we might have watched before.
3)Um, I think all we get for brealing the mirroe is 7 years bad luck....oops
4) I no longer have hives...although I am thinking about trading back to the hives, seriously people...I look like a balloon...
5)duh, we get a new washer and dryer....yay for clean clothes and less noise hopefully!
6) we have seen just how much we are truly blessed to even have stuff to break in the first place. Some people in this world would give their all to have these "problems" that I am casually joking about.
so, that is it for this addition of, "If it aint broke..." Until next time.....
btw: I will post tomorrow about the formal dinner that Rob and I attended on Friday night....it was awesome!
The Eye of the Beholder...
12 years ago



1 comment:
I just love love this post...it shows how bad things happen to the best of us, but how we can turn lemons into lemonade! You are so cute!
Post a Comment